EMD GP5, GP7 and GP9
This pack offers you scratch-built models of EMD GP5, GP7 and GP9 locomotives in Great Northern configurations and liveries. The models in this add-on aim to represent the complete freight and passenger roster of GN's GP5, GP7 and GP9 locomotives, but some detail variations on the prototype engines were left out or simplified.
The following locomotives are included in this add-on:
- The entire roster of GN's GP5 engines. 'GP5' was the GN's own classification of the rebuilt FT units it had ordered from EMD in the late 1950s. Many sources also list this class as GP9m. Their exterior was that of a standard EMD GP9, but because of the reused parts from the older FT units these rebuilt units only generated 1350 hp (compared to the 1750 hp of the GP9.)
- The entire freight roster of the GN GP7 fleet, including the six passenger engines.
- The entire freight roster of the GN GP9 fleet, including the two passenger units and the small group of engines that were fitted with dynamic brakes.
- All engines are available in the three paint schemes the GN applied to them over the years: the classic Empire Builder livery, the simplified livery, and the late 1960s Big Sky Blue paint scheme.
- Real-world roster numbers have been added to these models. They have been applied to the individual paint schemes according to the data provided on Ben Ringnalda's fantastic http://www.greatnorthernempire.net/ website.
This locomotive was built from parts of my earlier SD7 model and has essentially the same functionality: basic cab controls and TS12 effects, but there aren't any advanced scripting features like for instance a start-up sequence. The models feature custom couplers, dynamic numbers (real roster numbers), light effects and window rain effects, animated wipers, and cab controls.
The animated roof fans were modeled by Dan Vystrcil of Virtual Rail Creations and are used with permission. To see more of the fantastic VRC models, please stop by at their website: http://vrailcreations.net/
The engine comes ready to run with its physics and simulation parameters based on the default F7, so it will perform similar to it (albeit a bit more powerful, the GP9 being a bit more powerful than the F7). Sounds are also aliased to the default F7. Please note that due to these aliased components, you must own the US Loco & Assets Pack: http://store.steampowered.com/app/208306/, which most users will already have. See below for more details.
Please click here to download the EMD GP5/7/9 Great Northern Pack.
RWP Package, requires US Loco and Assets Pack
This add-on now also includes the passenger GP7 and GP9 in all three liveries. Please simply redownload and reinstall the file from the link above if you have downloaded the engines before November 20, 2019.
Click here to download a Braking Physics Update
. Install this if you downloaded the locomotives before December 12, 2019 and find the brakes not responsive enough.
Please click here for the Readme PDF document.